Tonight marks the beginning of another journey here in Madrid. I will be traveling Europe for a week and on my itinerary is Paris, France; Budapest, Hungary; and one last destination that will be made on the fly.
Sadly, I will only be in Paris for 24 hours, but those 24 hours will be made the most of as I plan on doing a high speed tour of the city and scratching a few things off my Paris to-do list.
1. Pinch the top of the Louvre
2. Eat cheese and crackers and drink wine in front of the Eiffel Tower for lunch
3. Pinch the top of the Eiffel Tower and go to the top
4. Go to Angelina's and have the best chocolate in Paris
5. Eat a crepe with strawberries for a dear friend of mine
6. Try not to drool while looking at all the extremely well dressed Parisians.
7. Not be mad if I don't succeed at number six because it is a tall order.
After Paris is a a two day stop in Budapest. Now, you may ask, why Budapest? Well, it has the beautiful State Opera House that also has very inexpensive tickets, the Hungarian Parliament building is massively gorgeous and the city just happens to look like a real life Hogwarts. Need it get any better? I think not. The two men who are accompanying me agree that these are valid reasons to go as well.
After our trip to Budapest will return to Madrid Thursday and decide where and what we would like to do. So far the choices are beach, a grape festival or relaxing around Madrid and exploring a bit more. I am up for any.
All in all we are very excited and anxious to start traveling Europe. Some are going to Italy, some are going to Prague, while others are winging the whole week. That's too much spontaneity for me, one last minute jaunt is all I can handle. Baby steps.
Ciao for now!